- This Policy statement provides information on the obligations and policies of ULO in respect of an individual’s Personal Data. ULO undertakes to use reasonable efforts in applying, where practicable, those principles and the processes set out herein to its operations.
- ULO's officers, management, and members of staff shall use reasonable endeavours to respect the confidentiality of and keep safe any and all Personal Data collected and/or stored and/or disclosed and/or used for, or on behalf of, ULO. ULO shall use reasonable endeavours to ensure that all collection and/or storage and/or disclosure and/or usage of Personal Data by ULO shall be done in an appropriate manner and in accordance with the Act and this Policy.
- By interacting with us, submitting information to us, or signing up for any products or services offered by us, you agree and consent to ULO as well as to its respective representatives and/or agents ("Representatives") (collectively referred to herein as "ULO", "us", "we" or "our") collecting, using, disclosing and sharing amongst themselves your Personal Data, and disclosing such Personal Data to ULO’s authorised service providers and relevant third parties in the manner set forth in this Privacy Statement.
- This Policy supplements but does not supersede nor replace any other consents you may have previously provided to us in respect of your Personal Data, and your consents herein are additional to any rights which we may have at law to collect, use or disclose your Personal Data.
- For the purposes of this Policy, in line with the provisions under the Singapore Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (No. 26 of 2012) (the "Act"), "Personal Data" shall mean data, whether true or not, about an individual customer who can be identified — from that data; or from that data and other information which an organisation has or is likely to have access. Such Personal Data shall also refer to that which is already in the possession of ULO or that which shall be collected by ULO in future.
- Contacting the Data Protection Officer
- Where you legitimately request access to and/or correction of Personal Data relating to you, such Personal Data which is in the possession and control of ULO, ULO shall provide and/or correct that data within 30 days and in a manner in accordance with its standard procedures as stated hereinafter.
- In accordance with the Act, ULO has established a process for receiving and responding to any query or complaint that may arise with respect to the application of this Act. To ensure that ULO receives your complaints and enquiries, please send the same via email to the Data Protection Officer (the "DPO") of ULO at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please note that if your personal data has been provided to us by a third party (e.g. a member via a referral process), you should contact that individual to make such queries, complaints, and access and correction requests to ULO on your behalf.
- Should you not wish ULO to use your Personal Data for any of the purposes listed in Clauses 3.2 to 3.4, or not to receive promotional materials from ULO, you may opt out by sending a clearly worded email to the DPO via the email address provided in Clause 2.2. Your request shall be processed within 30 days. Please note however that this may affect our ability to attend to your needs in the event where there is already an existing business relationship.
- Statement of Practices
Types of Personal Data Collected:
As part of its day-to-day activity, ULO may collect from you, through various means, including via our websites, smart phone applications, marketing events such as road shows and any forms used by ULO from time to time, some or all of the following Personal Data:
- Name (first and surname);
- Postal Address;
- Phone number (including mobile);
- Office number;
- Fax number;
- Email address;
- Bank account/credit card details;
- Personal Data of your emergency contacts;
- IP addresses; and
- Photographs and images.
Purpose of Collection of Personal Data
- The above Personal Data mentioned in Clause 3.1 is collected for the purposes of processing your application and registration of your membership and to ascertain if you are eligible for discounts, privileges or benefits or other related purposes; to conduct market research and analysis; for direct marketing through voice calls; text messages; email; direct mail and facsimile messages; for payment and/or credit control purposes; to notify you of any changes to our policies or services which may affect you; to respond to queries and feedback; for identification; maintaining and updating your membership details; and informing you of new developments, services, promotions of ULO and other third parties which we are associated with.
- In order to carry out the functions described above, ULO may, from time to time, disclose your Personal Data between ULO's companies.
Without derogating from any of the above, ULO may also disclose your Personal Data to the following third parties:
- Regulators and law enforcement officials;
- Third party service providers and consultants;
- Credit, debit and charge card companies, banks and other entities processing payment;
- Potential buyers or investors of ULO or any of ULO’s companies; and
- Any agent or subcontractor acting on ULO’s behalf for the provision of ULO’s services.
ULO may disclose your Personal Data to the abovementioned parties also in the occurrence of any of the following events:
- To the extent that ULO is required to do so by the law;
- In connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- To establish, exercise or defend ULO’s legal rights;
- To the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset which ULO is (or is contemplating) selling;
- To any person and/or entity for the purpose of processing such information on ULO’s behalf;
- To third parties who provide services to ULO or on its behalf;
- To any third party that purchases ULO or ULO’s business or any part of ULO or ULO’s business;
- With your consent; and
- For the purposes of disaster recovery.
Optional Provision of Personal Data
In some instances, you may also be requested to provide certain Personal Data that may be used to further improve ULO’s products and services and/or better tailor the type of information presented to you. In most cases, this type of data is optional although, where the requested service is a personalised service, or provision of a product or dependent on your providing all requested data, failure to provide the requested data may prevent ULO from providing the service to you. This type of data includes, but is not limited to:
- Your age;
- Salary range and employment details;
- Education and Profession;
- Hobbies and leisure activities;
- Other related products and services subscribed to; and
- Family and household demographics.
- Under certain circumstances, telephone calls made to any of ULO’s companies to order and/or service hotlines and/or inquiry telephone numbers are recorded for the purposes of quality control, appraisal, as well as staff management and development. In such an event, by agreeing to this Policy, you hereby give your consent for the collection, use and disclosure of such Personal Data for the purposes of our records, following up with your enquiry and/or transaction, and for quality control and training purposes.
Disclosure of Personal Data
- As part of its day-to-day activity, ULO may collect from you, through various means, including via our websites, smart phone applications, marketing events such as road shows and any forms used by ULO from time to time, some or all of the following Personal Data:
Transfer of Personal Data Overseas
Your Personal Data may be processed by ULO, its affiliates, agents and third parties providing services to ULO, in jurisdictions outside of Singapore. In this event ULO will comply with the terms of the Act.
Accuracy of Personal Data
Where possible, ULO will validate data provided using generally accepted practices and guidelines. This includes the use of check sum verification on some numeric fields such as account numbers or credit card numbers. In some instances, ULO is able to validate the data provided against pre-existing data held by ULO. In some cases, ULO is required to see original documentation before we may use the Personal Data such as with Personal Identifiers and/or proof of address. To assist in ensuring the accuracy of your Personal Data in the possession of ULO, please inform us of any updates of any parts of your Personal Data by sending a clearly worded email to the DPO at the email address provided at Section 2.2.
Protection of Personal Data
ULO uses commercially reasonable physical, managerial, and technical safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of your Personal Data and will not knowingly allow access to this data to anyone outside ULO, other than to you or as described in this Policy. However, ULO cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to ULO and you do so entirely at your own risk. In particular, ULO does not warrant that such information may not be accessed, altered, collected, copied, destroyed, disposed of, disclosed or modified by breach of any of ULO’s physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
Access and Correction of Personal Data
In accordance with Clause 2.1 of this Policy, you have the right to:
a) check whether ULO holds any Personal Data relating to you and, if so, obtain copies of such data; and
b) require ULO to correct any Personal Data relating to you which is inaccurate for the purpose for which it is being used.
- ULO reserves the right to charge a reasonable administrative fee in order to meet your requests under Clause 7.1(a). Upon payment of the requisite fee under Clause 7.1(a) and/or receipt of your request under Clause 7.1(b), your request shall be processed within 30 days.
- If you wish to verify the details you have submitted to ULO or if you wish to check on the manner in which ULO uses and processes your personal data, ULO’s security procedures mean that ULO may request proof of identity before we reveal information. This proof of identity will take the form of full details of name, membership number and NRIC or Passport or Fin number. You must therefore keep this information safe as you will be responsible for any action which ULO takes in response to a request from someone using your membership details. We would strongly recommend when you login to your online account that you do not use the browser's password memory function as that would permit other people using your terminal to access your personal information.
- In accordance with Clause 2.1 of this Policy, you have the right to:
Storage and Retention of Personal Data
ULO will delete, as reasonably possible, or otherwise anonymise any Personal Data in the event that the Personal Data is not required for any reasonable business or legal purposes of ULO and where the Personal Data is deleted from ULO’s electronic, manual, and other filing systems in accordance with ULO’s internal procedures and/or other agreements.
We store data for as long as it is necessary to provide products and services to you and others, including those described above. Information associated with your account will be kept until your account is deleted, unless we no longer need the data to provide products and services.
You can delete your account any time. When you delete your account, we delete things that you have posted, such as your photos and status updates. If you do not want to delete your account, but want to temporarily stop using ULO, you may deactivate your account instead. Bear in mind that information that others have shared about you is not part of your account and will not be deleted when you delete your account. You can delete your account by contact email@example.com.
Withdrawal of Consent
You have the right to ask us not to process your Personal Data for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your Personal Data. You can exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ULO reserves the right to alter any of the clauses contained herein in compliance with local legislation, and for any other purpose deemed reasonably necessary by ULO. You should look at these terms regularly. If you do not agree to the modified terms, you should inform us as soon as possible of the terms to which you do not consent. Pending such notice, if there is any inconsistency between these terms and the additional terms, the additional terms will prevail to the extent of the inconsistency.
This Policy is governed by and shall be construed in accordance with the laws of Singapore. You hereby submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Singapore courts.
- This Policy only applies to the collection and use of Personal Data by ULO. It does not cover third party sites to which we provide links, even if such sites are co-branded with our logo. ULO does not share your Personal Data with third party websites. ULO is not responsible for the privacy and conduct practices of these third party websites, so you should read their own privacy policies before disclosure of any Personal Data to these websites.
- ULO will not sell your personal information to any third party without your permission, but we cannot be responsible or held liable for the actions of third party sites which you may have linked or been directed to ULO's website.
- ULO's websites do not target and are not intended to attract children under the age of 18 years old. ULO does not knowingly solicit personal information from children under the age of 18 years old or send them requests for personal data.